Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weyerbacher: Imperial Pumpkin

I had my first non beer pumpkin flavored thing today, a pumpkin yogurt, so I figure with that flavor still lingering somewhere in my brain, let's review another pumpkin beer, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin.
Immediately I wish it was chillier when I smell it being poured into the glass. The smell is strong nutmeg with some faint cinnamon in the back. The head on this guy disappears quickly leaving nothing but an amber pool of deliciousness. The beer itself has all the spice qualities that you'd expect from a pumpkin pie along with some nice bitter pine in the finish from the hops, adding a good finish to an otherwise sweet beer, giving it a good balance in the finish. I'm always shocked how smooth this beer drinks despite the 8% alcohol tag, cause the burn isn't there, it just leaves a nice warmth in my chest. This is a pumpkin beer I'll be saving till closer to Thanksgiving when I'm really going to want to warm up with something delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment