Friday, September 6, 2013

Harpoon: Octoberfest


Football season is here, and it’s about the closest celebration that America has to Octoberfest we have. Sit back, eat some artery clogging food and drinking copious amounts of beer. That’s why I’m glass Harpoon has decided to can it’s Octoberfest. Being able to crack a can of deliciousness and lose myself for the entire even is everything a man could ever want.
Harpoon’s Octoberfest fills that niche very nicely. In a nice sea of IPAs cracking this beer is completely different. Rich smell of toffee and caramel give way to an almost burnt caramel flavor. If there are hops in this beer I’m unaware of it and really just don’t care. It finishes smooth and crisply and doesn’t leave me feeling terribly full, which is excellent since I’m on #4 and still going strong. It might not be the best fest beer I’ve had in my life, but 12 pack cans make it one I’m going to drink more than most. Prost! 

1 comment:

  1. It's got a light intensity aroma of hops, with that sort of ripe, but grainy smell - possibly the barley

    ReplyDelete