Thursday, September 19, 2013

Boulevard Brewing: Mid Coast IPA

I'm gonna cheat a little. Boulevard Brewing has released a new 12 pack that includes to new beers that have never left the tasting room. And while this beer isn't technically fall related, it came out in the fall, and it's freaking delicious.
Boulevard Brewing Mid Coast IPA is a 100 IBU beer but only clocks in at somewhere around 5.5%. The smell was immediately grapefruit and piney hops. It gave off a very nice head that lifted up in my mug and was a beautiful clear straw color. Once it hits my lips though, it's a beautifully balanced beer that carries a nice touch of sweet malts with a blast of amazing pine and grapefruit and some tropical fruit and finishes with a lovely bitter coating on my tongue to finish. This is how you balance an IPA, without too much sweetness, just enough malt to carry the hops. If this was a 6 pack I'd buy it but I guess I'll have to settle for the 3 I get in the sampler 12 pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment