Monday, September 16, 2013

Southern Tier: Choklat

In a sea of oktoberfest and pumpkin beers I lucked out with a nice dessert beer after a long Sunday of fighting through crowds at the SOWA farmers market was a nice treat after a long day. It was also a somewhat random treat when my buddy Mike brought me a bottle of Southern Tier Choklat stout that I left in his fridge when I moved 2 weeks ago. Dated 11/27/2011, I was pumped to open a beer that I'd been aging that long for two reasons, one  because I wanted to see if the conditions in my apartment kept the beer well, and if successful, if this beer was as delicious as I remember it.
Cracking it and getting a nice hsssss from the bottle was a good sign. Chocolate is the overriding smell and the theme of this beer. The 10% in this beer had completely faded and it sipped a delicious mix of roasted caramel and pure chocolate deliciousness. It really was a sip on pure chocolate. Fresh this beer has a bit of an alcohol bite to it, but two years of aging has made this the perfect dessert beer, with delicious liquid chocolate and some deep coffee. I could sip on this after a nice dinner and eat some delicious tiramisu. If you see it, get it and drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment