Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Long Trail: Pumpkin Ale

So this is what happens after drinking non stop for three days during my birthday. I don't update my blog for much too long. Let's get back to work.
Pumpkin beers seem like the most volatile of seasonal ales. One year they're well balanced and the next year there's too much spice, or too much malt. Last year, Long Trail Pumpkin was one of the better pumpkin beers I tried, being logged a 5 in my Untappd account. This year though it just wasn't the same, with a touch too much sweetness. It's actually a good beer, but it's hard to want to drink more than 1 in a sitting cause the sweetness makes it feel very rich. But if you're looking for a nice beer to compliment your pumpkin pie at the end of meal, this might be the beer for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment