Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blue Hills: Pumpkin Lager

I didn't see this beer coming. Blue Hills Brewery's Pumpkin Lager just said to me, easy drinking, potentially dangerously drinkable with a portion of pumpkin pie thrown in one way or another. What I didn't expect was a healthy dose of delicious chocolate malt to make this beer one of the most interesting and dessert like pumpkin beers I've had all season. This is what I always expect from a pumpkin stout, but this lager with a nice deep amber color and thin carbonation actually delivered what I was hoping for from a few others so far. Chocolate malts with some nice toffee sweetness and like pumpkin pie spices make it an delightful beer. If I could find this nitro charged at a bar somewhere I think it'd be even better, cause this beer is calling for a nice smooth creamy finish. Really though, worth the $5 bucks and then some. Better than a lot of pumpkin beers I've had so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment