Thursday, October 31, 2013

Great Divide: Espresso Yeti

This was an obvious choice for this blog. Great Divide's Espresso Imperial Yeti stout just screamed out for me to make some bacon and eggs and crack open this beer. I did, and it did not disappoint.
This beer is an absolute beast, and finishing it all by myself was a feat that I was very happy to be able to partake in. The taste is pure roasted coffee right off the bat, like someone decided to make some coffee in a tiny pot in this beer. The vanilla notes from the oak are in there as well as some roasty coffee deep in the background. The taste is amazingly smooth for a 10% beer. The flavors are like smoke on the tongue, filling up my nose with aromas and my palate with bitter coffee and sweet malt. I can't describe this beer anymore than I can wax poetically about the first time it touched my lips. Every sip is gets more complex with more flavors of the oak coming out as it warms up. If you see a bottle sitting on a shelf somewhere I'd buy it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment