Sunday, May 26, 2013

Jack's Abby: ABCS


‘Thought I saw you on the road last night
I need to get my eyes checked
Can’t believe I’d love something as yellow as you
He’s gone so deal with it man’
Piebald – King of the Road

Those are the lyrics to one of my favorite album openers ever, from Piebald’s 2002 album; We are the Only Friends that We Have. Lead singer Travis Shettel is getting emotional over the retirement of the school bus Piebald converted to drive around the country in to tour. As for me, I'm longing for  a beer that’s gone, and who knows if it’ll ever come back. Jack’s Abby ABCS Imperial India Pale Lager was brewed for Drink Craft Beer Springfest this year, and who knows if it’ll ever be back. Jack’s Abby has been churning out new beers what feels like weekly, and while they will defiantly be making another super hoppy lager again, it’ll probably be a variant of their recipe. This particular version was just so delicious, with every hop descriptor you could imagine so well balanced with each other, not to much citrus, not to much bitterness, with a nice hint of pine and tropic fruits and who the fuck know what else on my tongue. I don’t wanna over complicate this beer, it just tasted delicious. So this might be it for the ABCS, and man am I bummed I didn’t end up with another 10 bottles to enjoy, so if you see some somewhere buy them and enjoy them, but like the song says, “He’s gone so deal with it man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment