Sunday, May 5, 2013

Boulevard Reverb, Imperial Pilsner

I love Pilsners. Something about pilsner malt just hits my tongue in the right way. I can't even describe the taste other than saying it tastes like pilsner malt. But if I had to try, I'd say it tastes a bit like corn flakes, and I'd say they're gr-r-reat! Imperial Pilsners can be a tough beer to make though. Too much malt and the beer is a sugary mess, not enough malt and the hops end up tasting like a bouquet of flowers, but man, when someone nails an imperial pilsner it's fucking awesome. Boulevard nailed their imperial pilsner.
Boulevards Imperial Pilsner, Reverb, delivers on everything I'd want a pilsner to be. It pours beautiful liquid gold, with the head rising up slightly and pushing out delicious smelling floral hops. The taste is like sugary breakfast, with upfront floral hops that finish with a slight bitter bite on the back of the tongue. The finish is very dry leaving a nice aftertaste of fresh flowers and some corn flakes. It's really a great sipper beer as I enjoy the Red Sox on a peaceful Sunday afternoon, hoping Jared Saltalamcchia ends this game soon. Maybe.

1 comment: