Friday, May 31, 2013

AleSmith IPA

So I learned about a new subreddit the other day, New Beer Friday, and I immediately wanted in on the fun. I've heard a lot of hype about AleSmith Brewing, especially Speedway Stout, a perfect rated beer on Ratebeer, but I wanted to start closer to the beginnings. So I ordered a case of AleSmith IPA and immediately took home a bottle and tucked it in the fridge for Friday. After playing some reggae music, then delivering some "medicine" for a friend with MS, I finally got home just before midnight and poured this wonderful nectar. Usually I'd try and find some facts about a brewery and other little nuggets, but I'm not doing any of it, other that checking if there's a space in AleSmith (There is NOT).
AleSmith IPA is a beautiful IPA, up front citrus hops, followed by nice sweetness from the pale malts and finished with immense bitterness. It's an IPA that's just perfectly balanced, and I instantly wish it was cheaper so I could stock my fridge with it. But, that's the problem with excellent west coast IPAs. You can only get what you can get, and in this case it makes for an excellent beer that will be a great special treat whenever I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment