Friday, August 23, 2013

Hill Farmstead: Vera Mae

Sometimes life works in amazing ways. After figuring out when I'd be able to get to Vermont for a vacation I set up a side trip to Hill Farmstead. Then it turns out that I'd be arriving on the exact day that they'd be releasing a beer that I've been lusting over ever since I read about it's release last season. Vera Mae Saison.
Vera Mae is made with organic vermont spelt, dandelions picked right off the land, American hops, wildflower honey, and pure bliss.  This might be my new favorite beer, with a somewhat musty smell up front, with that wheaty base smell uncovered by a big whiff. The taste is amazing, with earthy wheat being carried over the excellent sweetness from the honey and floral tartness in the finish, a combination of bitter hops and what I can only assume is the dandelions coming through. Every sip is a treasure of taste and is an experience much like the trip to Hill Farmstead itself. Just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment