Monday, March 3, 2014

Avery Dictator Series: Maharaja


How can I pass up a beer with Great Tiger from my favorite video game, Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, on the label? (Side Story: I bought Mike Tyson's Punch Out a few years back and without a second thought made it all the way to Tyson without even being knocked down, but ultimately failed at defeating Tyson. I haven't beaten him since I was 12 and I'm still trying.)
Avery's Maharaja is the second beer in their annual dictator series, apparently showing their brute force dominance over your taste buds. Maharaja is the bitter force, with Centennial, Simcoe, Columbus and Chinook hops blasting your taste buds with grassy piney hops over a sweet toffee backbone. And if you weren't sure of the smack the hops were hitting you with, then a nice alcohol warmth with soothe you into a winter slumber with the alcohol coming in easily above 10%. It's not a harsh alcohol either, just a nice warm feeling to balance out a bitter beast as it Tiger Punches you into bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment