Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DuClaw: Sweet Baby Jesus

The best part of having friends living in Virginia is every once in a while they come up to visit family and bring me a mixed case of beer with them. The best part of that is getting a beer that I probably once saw while reading various beer news sites and then suddenly remembering that I wanted it, and then it's right in front of me. That beer today is DuClaw Brewing Sweet Baby Jesus! a chocolate peanut butter porter. I had to wait for the right occasion to drink this guy, and the fourth time my truck broke down in about two weeks seemed just about right.
The peanut butter smell is immediately present as soon as carbon dioxide gets cracked from bottle. The nose is all peanut butter. The first sip is basically like drinking a deliciously smooth reese's  cup. Big tastes of chocolate malt with a hint of smoke and coffee and immense peanut butter. The finish has very little bitterness from the english hops. This is defiantly a dessert beer and an excellent one at that. Next time you end up in Virginia I strongly recommend bringing back a feel bottles to end your Thanksgiving dinner with.

No comments:

Post a Comment