Friday, July 19, 2013

Rising Tide: Maine Island Trail Ale

Last Tuesday I drove to Portland, ME to watch my good friend and bandmate Brian get sworn into the National Guard, and was able to pick up a few wonderful things I can't get in Mass. One of those beers was Rising Tide Maine Island Trail Ale, a collaboration beer with part of the proceeds going to the Maine Island Trail Association, and simple, low ABV ale, the Maine Island Trail Beer. 2 Hops, Citra and Simcoe blend to make one of the tastiest post softball beers I've ever drank, and I knew this would be a perfect trail beer.
After a nice 15-1 lose on a typical 90 degree night in Boston I was incredibly thirsty and I wanted to help heal the wounds of defeat, and I needed a crisp and delicious beer for the job, and this beer was perfect for it. It poured a hazy cloudy mess of golden beauty beer, and the smell is floral and citrusy hops all over. The taste is completely fresh on the tongue, with the same citrus and flowers carrying over with some nice malty sweetness with very little bitterness. It's the definition of a great summer sipper, and along side Notch's Left of the Dial, might be the class of session hoppy beers that few others can come close to. A perfect summer beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment