Monday, June 10, 2013

Sly Fox 360˚ Cans: Helles Lager


Crown Brand-Building Packaging recently debuted a can that, in my humble opinion, blows Sam Adams new can out of the water. At a recent Craft Brewers Conference in Washington D.C. Sly Fox released it's 9th canned beer, Helles Golden Lager, housed in the brand new 360˚ can where you take the entire lid off. As far as drinking out of a can, there are plenty of conveniences of the can that we all know about. Now though, you can really get your entire nose into the can and get the full aromas of everything. I suggest giving it a quick swirl to get some head up to really let it breath.
I stole this image. Sorry Mom. 
Sly Fox's Helles are what American beer should've been. Every American Pale Lager made these days is just layers of sweetness on touch of some faint semblance of hops. Sly Fox Helles is a crisp punch of deliciousness, with a taste of nice pilsner malt and some hints of woody straw, and finished with some lemony crispness from excellent noble hops. I don't get much Sly Fox up here in Boston, and I really wish that would change, cause the limited chances I've had to drink it have been excellent, and I hope I can get my hands on more.

No comments:

Post a Comment