Thursday, January 3, 2013

La Fin Du Monde Partie Deux

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm a total sucker for made up paranoia and reasons to drink because of it, and at the time, the end of the world was approaching so I needed a beer that takes its namesake from impending doom. So on December 20th, what they were telling me would be my last night on earth before Jon Cusack goes crashing into hot magma, I opened up one last triple to enjoy before the end. I know that Quads get all the hype, but some pale pilsner malts with belgian yeast, topping out around 9% or so, with some light hopping to finish it, that's what I love.
Unibroue La Fin du Monde was recently named the 4th best Canadian beer on a certain beer website, and an affordable gift set was available help my love of all things eschatology as well as satiate my glassware love. After arriving home from a long day at work, I pulled the beer out of the trusty fridge, poured into the beautiful glass and watched a little Always Sunny in Philadelphia and waited for my death.
As for the beer itself, La Fin du Monde is one of the finest triples made today. It has a wonderfully full head on a heavy pour, and it smells like typical belgian yeast, banana and clove. However the taste is much more complex with a taste of baked apples and cereal grain, and the spicy yeasty taste is much subtler on the tongue and the smell. The hops hit the back of the tongue so this beer isn't a sweet bomb, making it perfectly balanced in every way. La Fin du Monde is the class of Canadian triples, and is among the best made in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment