Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Narragansett: Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout

I wish I was writing this while sipping on one more of these guys. But it's dead and gone. Gansett is claiming this was a one time release with Autocrat Coffee Company, a company that makes coffee syrup, one of my favorite drinks as a kid. It lead to my future love of coffee, and now my love, though fleeting, for a simple but delicious beverage, Autocrat Milk Stout.
This wasn't a beer like Oak Aged Espresso Yeti, but rather a nice 5% beer with nice sweetness and a roasted coffee flavor that lingers through the entire beer, so that once you're done you just want to crack open another right away. My mouth is watering just wanting another. If I see it on some dusty shelf at some backwoods convenience store that for some reason got a couple cases and then got ignored, I'll buy it all. It's not the best beer I've ever had, it's not even the best coffee stout, but it's so approachable, and you can just drink it over and over again. Find it and drink it, and it'll be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment