Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Tap: Swanny Boy

I'm snowed in do to Nemo, an amazing storm that dumped two feet of snow on Brighton and forced me dig out my truck for two hours just to get it loose from it's icy grip. My lovely lady even photographed it for proof. After shoveling for that long I clearly deserved a reward, and that reward was going to start with Swanny Boy from The Tap in Haverhill, MA. I wrote about it before right here about how they've changed their labels and decided to move from 6 packs to nothing but bombers. And I've been waiting for the right time to open up this beer. A nice dark Porter made with maple syrup but not gonna kick my ass going into the night since it only rings up at 5.2%.
Now, since The Tap in Haverhill is a great place to get a pint and some food and Swanny is slang for an absolute shithole to get a pint, clearly that's not where name comes from. Instead, the Tap named this beer after their friend Jason Sirois, and based on taste he must be an excellent guy.
I pour heavy, and the head that crawls up the glass is beautiful creamy compaired to the dark beer that awaits me. The smell is oddly Squash like, very earth and mild. The taste is so nice, chocolatey with maple syrup all over the tongue throughout. The hops are buried in the back of this beer but the bitterness is absolutely needed because of the upfront sweetness. Great sipper beer in the cold weather. The Tap has done a great job of reinventing themselves and putting out excellent beer that's incredibly affordable. Five bucks for a bomber is something I'd have no problem going back for over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment